A very close and a very pregnant friend of mine recently asked me,
“Kate, I would love to have a doula for my pregnancy just for me, but when it comes to the birth I just want it to be just my midwife, my partner, and me. Do you think you could just be my pregnancy doula? What do you think?”
I think I have a new prenatal (pregnancy) doula client. And I’m so excited (like pee my pants excited!) because I’m pretty sure that if one pregnant woman I know in Portland wants this kind of pregnancy only doula care, then there are a whole bunch of other pregnant Mamas who want the same thing for themselves and I just have to find them and they just have to find me!
It was a forehead slapping moment for me – so many couples really desire to labor alone together, but prenatal counseling with an experienced doula makes ::total:: sense to me – someone to talk with, ask questions to, get an objective opinion, get some help planning for the baby, and even some solo appointments to get some emotional support and some woman to woman (Mama to Mama) time that’s just for you. Sometimes the most obvious choices are just waiting for you to uncover them!
Prenatal Doula Services (let’s customize a package just for you)
- Prenatal visits, each one customized to your needs, in our MamaBaby Center private consultation room
- A home visit to help you with baby planning and preparation
- Unlimited phone, text, and email support as needed throughout your pregnancy
- Dad/Partner(s) prenatal visits, sharing my doula secrets with your support partner
- Full access to the Portland MamaBaby Lending Library and our client education information
- Referrals to the best Mama and Baby professionals in Portland
- Assistance in preparing a birth/postpartum/newborn plan